It’s been a great start to the warm weather months! We would first like to say that we are so grateful that we were unaffected by the tornado that came through our area on May 22. We lost power for a bit, but other than that were ok. We were especially thankful for all the concern that all our fans showed with facebook and twitter posts, phone calls, etc.
We had fantastic turn outs for our Mother’s Day events: the spa day a the winery followed by the Italian themed “Dinner in the Vineyard.” And, thanks in part to Mother Nature’s cooperation, we had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Many people opted out of sitting in shore traffic to “Beat the Beaches” and join us at the winery. Games, music by Paul Donovan and Jim Rezac, and food by Backyard Louie’s were all a hit. We also released 3 new wines: Pinot Gris, Traminette, Chambourcin. (If you haven’t had a chance to try them, make sure to stop in soon!) Thanks to all that came and made it a great time! And to round out the month of May, we had our first “Pick Up Party” for the Harvest Ridge Wine Club. It was a member-only event that allowed members to taste new wines, enjoy some appetizers, chat with winery staff and Milan our winemaker, and pick up their 3 bottle club packs. If you are interested in joining the Wine Club, call the tasting room at 302.343.9437 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve enjoyed getting out and about and hitting some off-site festivals and other events away from the winery. It has allowed us to meet many that have not yet been able to make it to the winery: National Harbor Fest and King Farm Fest to name a couple. We will continue to get out to local festivals throughout the rest of the summer. In June we will be at the Southern Sun and Music Festival in Prince Frederick, MD, Ocean City MD Wine in the Park, Manassas Wine and Jazz Festival, a festival at Layton’s Chance Winery in Vienna, MD, and more. Hitting a festival and want to know if we might be there too? Email us at email@example.com or call us at 302.343.9437!
If you are looking for something to do in June we have several upcoming events.
– On June 5 from 6:30-8 we will have the second of our Wine Culture Classes. Nothing stuffy, nothing intimidating. Just a great chance to gather in an intimate and informal setting, sip wine, talk about it, ask questions, and have fun. $20/person and reservations are required for this event. Please call the tasting room to make your reservation. 302.343.9437
– Friday, June 6 is the first of our Food and Music Weekends! No reservations required and cost is dependent on individual food and wine purchases. Backyard Louie’s BBQ will be back after their great showing at our Memorial Day event, and the musical guest will be Mike Weyrauch. Our food and music events will be happening during extended hours, so join us from 6-9PM on June 6th!
– Thursday, June 26 from 5-8PM we will have an Uncorked Canvas Party! $40/person will include a wine tasting and painting instruction through a painting that participants get to keep! (We believe that wine helps the creative juices flow.) Space is limited so call the tasting room to reserve your easel today! 302.343.9437
– Saturday, June 28 will be another Food and Music evening at the winery. 6-9PM, no reservations required. As we have updated information on who will be joining us that evening to provide food and entertainment, we will post it. Stay tuned.
Please note: We will now be open 12-8PM on Fridays and Saturdays!!! So come in for a happy hour after work, stay later on Saturday! (Regular 12-5 hours remain in effect for other days.)
Seeds… (a peek at things to come)
– September 27, we will be having a HUGE event that will benefit Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Oncology Program. Think getting dirty, think Lucille Ball, think raise money for a very worthy cause. Stay tuned for upcoming details about The Stomp!
– Coming this fall we will begin offering a premium tasting option at our winery. Our current $5 tasting will still exist, but if you are looking for the chance to try more wines, and experience more at the winery, you will want to follow our updates on this new feature.